Friday, October 28, 2005

WasteTed's hissy fit continues

Senator WasteTed Stevens continues on with his tantrum; New York Times letter to the editor:

October 26, 2005
Defending Alaska's Rights
To the Editor:

Re your Oct. 23 editorial "Tom DeLay and the Bridge to Nowhere":

While you spelled my name right, it would have been nice if you had pointed out that I did not oppose taking money from the Highway Trust Fund for the Lake Pontchartrain Bridge. I opposed taking all the money allocated to Alaska for the next six years for bridge construction to transfer to Louisiana for expenditure now. No other state's allocation was touched by Senator Tom Coburn's amendment.

Such flagrant disregard for any consideration of Alaska's rights as a full partner in this Union continues to infuriate me, and I believe justifiably so.

Ted Stevens
Washington, Oct. 23, 2005
The writer is president pro tempore, United States Senate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home