Sunday, May 14, 2006

Kurtz interviews Stossel

John Stossel discusses his new book,'Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity: Get Out the Shovel, Why Everything You Know is Wrong', with Howard Kurtz on Reliable Sources.

Here's a an example of the give and take from the interview:

KURTZ: I want to come back to your point on journalists being advocates, journalists being anti-business, journalists being perhaps pro-government regulation. Aren't there a lot of journalists, who I read, some of whom I watch on television, who at least are trying to strike a balance and are not pushing an agenda? I mean, it just seems to me that you've concluded that they really are on one side of this debate.

STOSSEL: I don't think journalists are trying to push the agenda. I think most of you think you're right down the middle. But the people you hang around with all think as you do here in New York and Washington. And that leads to a bias.

KURTZ: So you think...

STOSSEL: Not everyone, but most.

KURTZ: So you think it is to some degree subconscious or, at least because -- in other words, you think that journalists are out of touch with ordinary people, who perhaps are and ought to be more skeptical of government regulations?

STOSSEL: Yes. I think we are steeped like tea bags in "The Washington Post" and "The New York Times", and it affects the way we view the world.

HT: PowerLine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home