Therefore, you don't need a 'Meaning of Life' to have a meaningful life; a life full of meaning. Reflecting, another skill/dynamic of the mind, on the probability of life in the universe is sufficient to conclude that the life we do have is 'special'; or at least rare. All the more special with the knowledge that death terminates one's possible, but low probability life.
The same mental dynamics that result in 'meaning' are also making great strides in revealing the origin's of life:
- Scientists Discover New Clue to Chemical Origins of Life
- Biologists Replicate Key Evolutionary Step
- Scientists Take First Step Towards Creating 'Inorganic Life'
- Peptides May Hold 'Missing Link' to Life
- Simple membranes could have allowed nutrients to pass into primitive cells
- Structure of 450 million year old protein reveals evolution's steps
- Discover Magazine (Nov. 1995): First Cell
- 'Lifeless' Prions Capable of Evolutionary Change and Adaptation
- Evolution Can Occur In Less Than 10 Years, Guppy Study Finds
- Bacteria make major evolutionary shift in the lab
- Two New Discoveries Answer Big Questions in Evolution Theory
- Evolution in Action
- New Evidence Emerges on the Origin of Life