God created [the Earth and Universe] in six normal-length days around 6,000 years ago.
The museum asks visitors to cast away the Scientific Method; the same methodolgy that bears the fruit which the museum now eats of (Genesis pun intended).
For it is the same Scientific Method, accessible to any reasoning individual, which gives us the science of Geology. It is through this science that we can independently verify the age of the ground the museum sits on. And it is the Scientific Method which made possible:
- The Physics and Material sciences that allowed for selection of the material used for the structure of the building that houses the museum
- The Architectural and Engineering sciences that provided the designs of the building
- The science of Fluid Dynamics that makes possible the museum's plumbing system
- The science of Electrical Engineering which makes possible the lighting and communications sytems the museum now has
- The science of Thermo Dynamics which makes it possible for visitors to drive their cars to Petersburg, KY and to heat and cool the facility itself
- The Computer Science that made possible the museum's own web site which allows it to promote ignorance...ignorance about the very Scientific Method which makes it possible.
- Christopher Hitchens and Al Sharpton debate religion
- Religion: A man-made, two-edged sword
- What is wrong with Intelligent Design?
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: The Perimeter of Ignorance
- Must See TV!: C-SPAN BookTV: Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion"
- Conservative Culture and Porkopolis debate Intelligent Design
- Response to "If there is no God, then why be moral?"
- Intelligent Design is not Science
- Intelligent Design is just religion under the covers
- Where's the 'Hypothesis' for Intelligent Design?
- Editorial: The false choices of Intelligent Design
- It's not anti-Creationism; It's anti-anti-Scientific Method
- District Court Ruling on Intelligent Design
- WSJ Opinion Journal: Faith in Theory
- Ohio reverses Evolution mandate
- WSJ Science Journal: Two New Discoveries Answer Big Questions in Evolution Theory
- CoyoteBlog: Advice for the "Reality-Based" Community